
One of my all time favorite people in the whole wide world had a little contest on her blog. To view the contest rules click HERE
See Sarah has this amazing Blog where she posts the most fabulous news and blogging tips each day. It has become quite an addiction to Sarah, for which all of her readers are thankful. Each day I check it and laugh and just enjoy feeling like we don't live so far from each other. When I read about the contest I sat thinking about which was my favorite blog without going and reading through them all. The first thing that came to mind was when she blogged about all the annoying habits she has. I could totally relate to shoving food in my face and eating faster than anyone I know, but when I went to post that I realized it wasn't going to be original enough since that was EVERYONES favorite. I had to come up with something unique and really show my true love for Sarah! I have so many memories and wanted to keep writing and writing but that is reserved for this post. I am going to add to this everytime I come up with a new memory of my Sarah Goold.
#1 Memory:
The summer of 1994 Sarah Chanel was on summer break from BYU in Provo, Utah and came to Valdez to work and earn some cash for college. That was the summer her family moved and took my best friend Briana Denali Goold with them. I am pretty sure I cried that day as they drove off in the red suburban. We waved them off and then followed them in either the blue subaru or my first car my parents bought me for $100.00, a 1983 Renault Alliance. It looks just like the car pictured here except it was a two door and silver in color. Sarah and I were going nuts not shopping all summer so we decided to drive to Anchorage in my car. That summer I had turned 16 and got my license. I drove part of the way there and when we would take corners at a really high speed the car's CV joints would "knock" and Sarah and I would laugh and Sarah would knock on the dashboard! We had so much fun together. I don't remember where we stayed but I hope Sarah will comment and remind me of a few more details of our trip besides me spending too much money on clothes.
2 comments:
I'm so happy you won. . .wait, I picked the winners!! I knew from the moment I read your comment that it was a winner! OK, so what you are forgetting is that we were too broke (or wanted all our cash for clothes) to get a hotel so we camped!! And then we went to the mall after camping!!! And I really didn't know how to camp well, since my dad always did everything and Julie Rasmussen always did the hard stuff at Girl's Camp (I lashed toothbrush holders and other really important things) so luckily YOU knew how to put up a tent!! It was so much fun. . . I'd forgotten the knocking bit. . .that made me laugh. . . so pick your chocolates or if you don't have time, I'll just send you a mixed box, but the descriptions of each chocolate just might be a fun diversion. . . once the kids are in bed. . .S
OK, I just read your comments on the win. . . I'll pick for you, but I don't know if you like nuts, spicey, etc. . . so if you want, we can wait until AFTER the holidays when all the treats are gone and you're craving and THEN you can put in your "order." I love you to pieces my little sister, Sarah
Post a Comment