So today is pretty much the first snow day.
Last weekend I worked but I also went on my first "blind date". It wasn't that bad, in fact it went really well. I am just cool like that however he wasn't really my type or someone I would have picked on my own, so it was kinda a waste of time but thats ok, at least it got me out and I socialized with other adults. We went out to dinner and then we heading over to go Go-cart racing but changed our minds once we found out it cost $24 a person so I suggested golfing at Hollywood Connection. After that we went to this lame bar that had a terrible band playing and my friend and i were yawning it was so bad so we went home. The best part of the night was when I was taking MacKenzie home and she realized that her fiance Shane had the house keys (he was out hunting) so she had to climb up the balcony to get in the sliding door! lol
Kalen was tested at school for an IEP due to his terrible reading scores. Come to find out he has an above-average IQ and only scored badly in a couple areas. I don't know the correct terms really but what he has a hard time with is reading quickly and fluently but he comprehends it all, it just takes his brain longer to think.. and so he has a hard time with homework and spelling too. The special ed teacher told me we need to be more patient with him and give him directions slowly and only one task at a time. I was so happy to get this information about him and now the teacher and I will be working together to help him! The only problem is now his attitude and his willingness to DO his work :)
Rylee girl is just such a social butterfly and a teachers pet. She reminds me of myself in that she likes to make people happy and does whatever they say. Her teacher adores her and loves Rylees sense of humor, I never have any problems with my Rylee when it comes time for parent teacher conference they always rave about her and how easy of a student she is. Its funny because Kalen is easier to get along with at home at times but his teachers always complain about him but Rylee is a booger at home but her teachers all rave about her.. hmmmm? Girls and boys sure are different but I am thankful that I have one of each. They are the love of my life even if I complain about it sometimes!
Tonight we are going to decorate cupcakes. I am also throwing a Bachelorette party for my friend MacKenzie on Sunday at Chanda's house.. I'm excited to have some girl bonding TIME! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment