Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kristy

Kristy Ragsdale has made me thankful today. Most of the time I am really happy and optimistic. Today I struggled. I have bookmarked this site to get to know this amazing woman better and read what people say about her. She was killed by her estranged husband in a parking lot and now her two children are being raised by her mother.

I hope that Kristy's children are happy and loved and that their father is miserable every single day of his life.

http://kristymemoryblog.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anne N said...

Hi sweet girl,

I'm sorry you've had a tough time lately, but I really admire your positive outlook. One of the things I thought about while reading both of your blog entries was that everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - has hard (sometimes unbearable) trials in their lives. I know that it can be very difficult not to look at those around us and think, "What did I do to deserve all of this when other people are living fairy tale lives?" The thing to remember is that NO ONE lives a fantasy life, no matter how wonderful things may look on the outside. No one lives without hardships, loneliness, or depression.

I also know what it's like to resent God, to cry hysterically on my knees, "Why are you doing this to me? Why me?" It's at those times though that I need God the most. I need to understand and see the bigger picture - that there's a reason I've been given this particular trial at this time, and that the old adage really is true - this too shall pass.

You are so amazing, Nicole. You are such a beautiful, strong woman and one of the best moms I know. Keep your chin up and know that you have so many people surrounding you that love and care about you. If you ever need to talk - for ANY reason - don't hesitate to call or email me. I love you and I really admire your strength. You are a great example to me.

Love,
Anne

Brooke said...

I love you Nicole and I love how positive you can be. I'm pulling for you and Mr. Right.

Donnell Allan said...

Kristy was a friend of mine. If she had known you, you would definitely be her friend and she would love you. Thank you for honoring her memory. Know that her mother is an amazing person, and that those little boys are very blessed.

Kristy was certainly not perfect, but she touched many lives just by being her genuine self. I am sure that you do the same.