Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year.. new me?

I got the kids back on the Dance Crew! They were so excited to go and see their old dance teachers. Kalen is now is a separate class than Rylee and he has a male teacher who specializes in break dance moves. When Kalens class got out he proudly announced he had won the hand stand contest. I got to watch Rylee through the glass windows and she learned the first half of their routine in ONE class, I could tell she has made progress with her dance skills.. that girl can really shake what her mama gave her!

Rylee broke out with the Chicken Pox on Friday night with only a few. I kept thinking a ton more would show up the next day just like when Kalen got them a couple weeks ago but she still only has about 20 total. When I was in 4th grade I got them two weeks after my brother Nathan and only remember counting 16 on my body so I guess she is having a similar experience.

On Tuesday night I was taking a nice hot bath and trying to finish reading the 3rd Twilight book that I started last summer and then got out of the tub to lay on my bed to read when there was a knock on the door. I told Kalen to answer the door and if it was for me to tell them I was busy. I could hear him from my upstairs bedroom and he told them I was busy but was fumbling with his words and finally just said, well actually she just got out of the bath but let me go talk to her. Then he shuts the door on them :) I heard that the men at the door were asking him if he wanted to join the Jr. Jazz basketball team. He ran upstairs and asked me if he could play and I told him yes and to tell the men that I would be down in a minute. The two men were from the local LDS church and wanted to invite Kalen on their team. I went down and invited them in and explained, they said sorry for just showing up. They only stayed for a few minutes but gave me the paperwork and said they would pick up Kalen for practice the next day. We also get to go to a UTah Jazz game on Tuesday.. they are playing the Minnesota Timber wolves. Should be exciting.. I can't wait to see what Kalen thinks of a Live NBA game! I will post some pictures of us at the game.

3 comments:

Nathan Wilson said...

Me and Luke are going to the Jazz game too. Where are you sitting? That's funny about you being in the bath. I remember when you moved into the Bennett apartments it seemed like 80% of the time we'd go to visit you were getting out of the shower or something.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey, in your defense, I take more baths and showers than anyone thinks is humanly possible, too. . . and my kids always have to answer the door and deal with stuff, too.

The game should be fun and that's nice that the locals thought of Kalen. He's so athletic, they were probably pretty excited you said yes. . .

OK, so I still need to send you your package (with nuts!), but I'll have to make you promise to only eat one piece a day so you can enjoy it more and not binge (I'd eat them all in one sitting!) We're so much alike.

I've been counting calories for the first time in my life on a web site that I really like: www.sparkpeople.com

Anyway, I already lost 4 lbs. just by watching my portion control and what I'm eating. It's educating me and I really like it.

And I really loved that post you did about me and I want to put a link in the next week or so, on my blog. . .if you don't mind. . . then I don't have to write anything. . .ha ha. . .and I'll put the photo of us on there, too that you put on facebook!

Paul Levie said...

I was at that Jazz game also. Weird! Ya I usually just tell the kids if the door rings while we are home be really quiet and maybe they will just go away.