Friday, January 30, 2009

A mother's treasure is her daughter

Rylee brought this picture home from school the other day so I taped it to my computer desk because I loved it so much. Last night she got home from the schools book fair that she went to with a friend and brought home two Babysitters Club books for me. She said, "Mom I know these were your favorite books from when you were little so I got some more for you to read, so here Mom you can read them right now". I laughed and explained to her that I saved my Babysitters Club books for her because when I was little I would lay in bed at night and ponder what my Mother was like when she was little and I was curious if we had anything in common. I used to wish my Mom had kept her clothes and favorite things to share with me. So growing up I always tried really hard to save stuff for my daughter but I was the only one who thought it was a good idea and things got thrown a way a lot of the time.

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

This post made me laugh. My kids are always wishing I'd saved stuff. . .I told Emma about some suede boots I had in JR. High and she's so depressed that I didn't think of her and keep them all these years! Once I checked out a book from the library about old barbies. . .it had all my old barbies from the 80s (I think Barbie only came out with 10 barbies a year then!) Anyway, I only had about 3 total, but when I showed them to my kids they were REALLY annoyed that I hadn't kept them.. .I did save all my babydolls, but they've never liked them. Oh well, neither did I. Why did I save those dumb things?