Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Break '09


This spring break was very special and extremely FUN for us! It was our first family vacation other than Alaska since living in Utah. I drove my trusty and speedy Honda Civic all the way and back. Everything went well besides arriving home from the trip at 4:30am then having to be to work at 5:30am.

I need to request everyone's help about something very serious! The first day of our vacation was in St. George at our long time family friends, The Goolds. We dyed Easter eggs and Gary and Eric hid them for Paul's two children, Kalen, and Rylee. The second day was spend at Disneyland Resort along with our third day of vacation at California Adventure. After the first three days my sim card in my camera was full. No worry I had already planned to burn a disk at Walmart, erase my pictures and continue my photography. Unfortunately when I got home to Salt Lake City my disk I burned at Walmart would not read or open any files. I took it to a local Walmart to try on their machine, failed. I called the Walmart in Oceanside, California gave them my order# and they gave me the bad news that my files had been deleted already. Fortunately the last three days of our trip are well documented, however I feel I will never see the memories again of our first family Disney vacation.

If you have any suggestions I will try them! If nothing else I do have five thumbnail index cards of all the pictures I took of our first three days, maybe I could just get them blown up! lol

The last three days we went to a beach front resort in Oceanside, California. Boy was I in heaven! The decor was fabulous, it was recently renovated with all new textiles. I want to go back!

The kids spent hours in the pool!


I was content staying in the room, the decor was so me!




Walking across the street to the beach..

The wind didn't stop these cuties from having the time of their life!


Kalen was admiring his wind blown hair do!


LEGOLAND: Everything was made of Lego's!


This was totally Kalen and Rylees idea, I just told them I wanted to take a picture and they posed! LOL


Kalens favorite lego creation :)







4 comments:

Anne N said...

What a bummer! Sean says he may be able to recover the files for you. If you want to bring out the cd or mail it to us he could try a couple of programs that may work. Just email me (anne@seantnichols.com) and let me know if you'd like him to try; I know how precious pictures like that are!

The Ragsdale Family said...

I'm so sorry!! That sucks so bad, at least you have a good additude about it. Sounds like you guys had so much fun though and that's what matters most.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Oh, that makes me want to sue them. I would be devastated. I hope your friend Anne Nichols can help!

Andrea said...

What a crappy way to end what sounds like such a wonderful vacation! I hope you find a way to recover them.