
When a door to door salesperson comes by and charms you with their wit and humor take this lesson from me. I am all about helping out my brada's and sista's from the mistakes I make! If you promise not to make fun of me or tell me, "I could have told you that" then you may read on.
After returning home from work this afternoon I was sitting back relaxing when there was a knock at the door. Kalen answered it while I ran into the kitchen to hide, (I unbutton my pants when I get home, and most days remove the brassiere as soon as I walk in the door, sorry if that is tmi). So the nice young girl asked Kalen if his Mom was home. He first replied by asking her if she was selling chocolates. I hurried and buttoned up my work pants and went down to greet her. She was really funny and made me laugh a lot, and talked to me about how amazing her cleaner was. I told her I didn't have the money or the time to listen to all the specials but I did want a good oven cleaner due to the upcoming move.
One of her demonstrations that sold me was this: Last spring I was being a cool Mom and gave my kids all of my bottles of acrylic paint and brushes and told them to paint me some pretty rocks. Well they got it all over the driveway, and added some rainbows and stars to decorate the driveway and liven it with color. It hasn't washed off one bit throughout the past year. I had LaShonda try out the magic cleaner on the driveway paint and *PRESTO* the paint came right off with her special touch! The minute I got done paying I handed Rylee a dish brush and the new cleaner and told her to get to work scrubbing her pretty artwork off the driveway. The traveling salesmen were outside at the next house entertaining the Hispanic work crew freshly home from a hard day of work. I was somewhat suspicious and wanted to make sure this was the real deal and not just a bottle of lemon scented soda pop.
Rylee was putting all her effort and the paint wouldn't budge. I ran inside and poured the magic potion full strength onto my oven door. I knew my time was limited when I could run back out and proclaim they LIED to me so I started scrubbing the oven right away!!! Meanwhile Rylee wasn't having any luck outside on the driveway. I walked down to the end of the driveway to write down the license plate of the white child molester van in case I would need it for any future investigation if I wanted to claim FRAUD. RoShonda's traveling partner got done entertaining the neighbors and came walking over and said to Rylee that she better listen to her older sister and get the concrete cleaned up. I told him it wasn't working and then he said I needed a wire brush, pulled out his handy dandy, pocket sized wire brush and it came right off. Then I told him about the oven and he pulled out a few green scouring pads from TatiaShalonda big black bag and said these would do the trick.. ah ha! So I didn't need the yellow colored cleaner with the fresh citrus scent after all.. the actual magic rests within the SCRUBBER?!?!?! AHHH! UGH! DUH!
Thank you Tyrone and LaShonda for the valuable lesson today. I will not forget it and I will tell all my friends, family and blog stalkers.
$35.00 Cleaner
$4.95 Spray Bottle
$3.22 Sales Tax
Four 2X2 in. green scouring pads
One ball of steel wool
= $43.17 total
RE: Cleaning 101 Lesson
2 comments:
I wish you could make money blogging. That was hilareous. . .Especially all of FaShonda's names. I bought some cleaner that did NOTHING for me once. . .even didn't do what it did for the salesman. . .Weird.
girl you crack me up.
Post a Comment