Friday, March 27, 2009

Super progressive, 100% motivated, and chill dude!



I found Kalens love language.. take him snowboarding! After thinking about how much he loves it, that is what I got him for his 10th birthday this year, a trip to a resort. I had to work but my cousin Kaylie and her family gladly took Kalen along with them since his birthday was on a holiday. When I picked him up that evening he was so happy and couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had. I was sad that I didn't get a chance to watch him so I took him and Rylee again last Friday. He was amazing to watch, he barely stopped taking runs to eat. It's sick!

My Dad came along to watch for something to do, since his retirement he can get pretty bored staying home. It was Rylee's first time snowboarding and she did well. I think if she had lessons without me there she would do excellent.. now we just have to save up for it!


Realizing the talent that Kalen has, I came home and looked on KSL for a used board,boots, and bindings. I found a sweet deal and only paid $150 for barely used Burton gear that will last him a couple years. I looked at a resort called Brighton and we can get a season pass for him for $50! That's really exciting to be able to afford to support his love of snowboarding. Watch OUT Jeremy Jones.. besides you're getting old!

2 comments:

The '6' Fairbanks said...

That is so cool, I love snowboarding. I haven't done it in forever since I am either prego or just had a baby or just fat. Maybe in the near future. I hope you are doing well!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

He certainly has the good looks and charm to be a boarder. I turned on the TV the other day and there was a special on extreme skiing with a feature about Valdez. . . some day your boy will be on my TV, I'm sure of it!