Our sweet Kalen had to get a permanent tooth pulled on his second day of fifth grade. It was supposed to be a surprise they would be sticking a needle in his arm to sedate him however one of the nurses mentioned it to me in front of him and he immediately started covering up his upper arm. The dentist was smart enough to come in the door and go right towards him while the nurses held him down... boy were they quick! He said, "what's happening?" and was out like a light. Waking up wasn't so pleasant however at times it was comical. He kept claiming he was blind and asking me if he was going to be mentally ill for the rest of his life. Then he would burst into tears and hug me saying, Thank you Mom! Thank you! I love you Mom! All of a sudden he would throw his arms up in the air and yell, "everybody STOP touching me and leave me alone" (nobody was touching him). After that it would continue with, Am I a mental patient? Am I blind? Why do I have four legs? Can we go now? Then pass out again and spit blood out of his mouth or dry heave.
Thank goodness the whole ordeal is over. I know Kalen is working really hard to keep the rest of his teeth in good shape.
2 comments:
So funny! But poor boy, I hate having teeth pulled. No fun.
P.S. How are you?
Poor Boy, Emma had her tonsils out when she was 7 and I hated when she was coming out of sedation. . . it was so freaky. We've had lots of tooth troubles lately, too. I blame fruit snacks.
Post a Comment