Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's ALL Good

I have made some MAJOR changes in my life that I started back in April and life just keeps getting better and more exciting with opportunity a knocking!

Each summer I have two and a half months alone to debrief from the stress of single parenthood. I spend some of my time reflecting on things that I want to change about my parenting style. One thing I realized I haven't been doing well at is to: LISTEN & LOVE first and put my own agenda on the back burner when they need me. I tend to get caught up in what I'm doing whether it be cooking, cleaning, working, jogging. They love me and want my attention, time, approval, AND affection.

In May 2011, when I'm ready to pull my hair out I am going to look back to this post and keep on keeping on with being patient and making sure they are my #1 priorty. My biggest fear is that I will look back at this time in my life and have regrets and wish I had done things differently.. NOW is the time to make sure I do things the right way.

Another thing I've added to our awesome life.. is to include them on my journey of being healthy and fabulously fit. I am taking them with me ea. night jogging and instead of suggesting that they run.. I am requiring it! It isn't easy for me to put my foot down and enforce rules. I am a little bit of a passive person who doesn't like to create tension so I tend to back off if I get any opposition from them. NOT anymore.. I am setting some rules and limits and to my surprise they are excited and compliant with it.

You know whats fun as a Mom? Out RUNNING/HIKING your kids!

No comments: