Friday, June 12, 2009

Wow.

That is about all I can come up with to describe the last couple weeks. I did it, I survived another move! Barely. A lot of times I wanted to burst into tears and proclaim an mental breakdown. The tears would not come, something was holding them in, maybe a higher power? I had help though, my parents, youngest brother Chris, a friend Allie from work, Nathan, Devona, and of course my little turkeys Kalen and Rylee. I think they still love me, even after shouting orders and acting like a maniac, stressed out crazed lady trying to finish up the last details. I know I missed things. I ran out of paint, there are still fingerprints on the walls. I never got around to trimming along the side of the house and fence. I just did what I could and had to let the rest go. On the week I was moving out I was supposed to have the weekend off work because we follow a rotating schedule. Well one of my coworkers had not had a day off in a long time so they gave him my week off.. I almost walked out on Lowe's that day they would not help me in any way just told me sorry Charlie.

Enough about the depressing move. The best thing going on lately is my NEW job at Lowe's. A few weeks ago I saw a cabinet specialist job at the Layton Lowe's posted in the break room. I hurried and applied and was praying everyday that I would get it. Flooring has been dragging me down lately, I've had zero desire to do the hard work anymore. Luckily the Layton store hired me right there during my interview! I was SOOOO happy! This whole week I have been training at another store to learn how to design beautiful new kitchens. I love it!

Last Thursday I took Miss Rylee to the Zoo so she could tag along with her classmates for the end of year field trip. She was prepared for the hot day and brought along a water bottle. When we got to the zoo she put her water bottle in my purse. We went inside the entrance gate and I opened my purse to get the phone out to call her teacher so we could meet up. There was two inches of standing water in the bottom! Miss Rylee didn't tighten the lid on her water bottle and it leaked all over. My phone didn't work any longer so we just walked towards the south entrance where the bus dropped off the 3rd graders and had no trouble find dear Mrs. Mattena. The funnest part of the day was when we ran into Taric and Brighton


CHRISTIAN GARY WILSON
is now a Utah resident. He moved to Utah, every Wilson child now resides here in Utah! We are so thankful. Kalen was really happy to have him here, he invites all male company to try to balance his life a bit. We went to the air show and watched the Thunderbirds, they put on a great show.

RYLEE'S Baptism, was a success.. after the font was finally filled. Not sure what happened but when it was supposed to start at six pm the font wasn't ready so we sat around and socialized while we waited. My sister in law Brighton gave a really cute talk about a little girl who had a fire truck fill the font, Rylee had a hose help fill her font, the story was great! Nathan gave the talk on the Holy Ghost which was well prepared and spiritually uplifting. Rylee was so happy! She beamed happiness.. can you tell? I caught this picture of her just as she walked out of the font, FRESHLY baptised, the newest member of the church. I love you my adorable daughter of God.
Some of the cute guests: BRYLIE

FIGHT! FIGHT!
Rylee ran in the door on Thursday May 28th and said she saw a kid fighting with Kalen. Kalen arrived shortly after and asked if he could go ride his bike with a friend. I was so out of it I didn't talk to him about it I just said sure, don't forget to check in. When I was putting him to bed that night he said he was scared to go to school the next day because of a kid who might try fighting with him again. I told him to call me if he has any problems and said goodnight. At about 11pm I checked my email and there was an email from his teacher Mr. Olsen:

Ms. Wilson,
Mr. Arnoldson asked that I email you about a fight Kalen was involved in after school today, May 28. He tried to call your home phone and your cell phone. He will be talking to Kalen tomorrow about what happened. The other boy was suspended, so their might be consequences.
Mr. Olsen


It hit me that I did not take the fight seriously enough. I went to check on Kalen who was still awake, unable to sleep and I told him about the email. I told him to go to school and I would call the principal in the morning to see what was going on. I also told Kalen not to worry that the other boy would not be there. I think that helped Kalen fall asleep :) After speaking to Mr. Arnoldson the principal in the morning he told me that Kalen would have to spend the day in inhouse suspension because he fought back after the other kid instigated the fight, there is a no fighting policy, the only thing you're allowed to do is run away? I am proud of Kalen for punching the kid who put him in a headlock and was bullying him. That Friday Kalen spent his last day at North Star Elementary in detention. He will never go back to that school.. THANK GOODNESS!!!

1 comment:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

WOW you guys have been busy. So fun to read all about it! I can't wait to see you this summer, we'll be in Utah in 2 weeks! xoxo, Sarah