
My parents are always there for me when I need them.. especially when I need someone to watch my children. I hate it though, it's NOT what I want, it's NOT what I planned for my life.. however its what is happening for now. I am so thankful for all they do for us but I know they want to be the Mema & Papa and NOT the parents.
Soooo I hired a fun girl to come and watch them and help them with homework/chores. The first night Ashley showed up, the kids had never met her and I was already at work so I told them before they opened the door they had to ask her what the magic password was: BANANAS
I guess she remembered it because they let her in. When I got home that night she told me about the grasshopper that Rylee named Bob and how it jumped all over with one leg and then all of a sudden it went missing.. I found it a few days later in the corner of the dining room hiding under a sewing project (deceased). Kalen called Ashley "babysitter" in a silly tone all night and demanded her to get him water and various other items in the kitchen (jokingly of course). Rylee claimed, "You guys are making a big mess" while they were playing the game Apples To Apples, and then threw her cards up in the air to add to the mess. Ashley and the kids had a good time together so I asked her if she would be willing to come more often and let me pay her for helping me! I'm not one of those kinda girls who hate to admit their weaknesses, in face hell I will tell it to your face what I can and cannot do for you.. well one of my parenting weaknesses is helping with homework.. it stresses me the hell out quite honestly. So that is Ashley's #1 job :) Oh why didn't I do this a long time ago? So Rylee said lets call her "tooter" instead of tutor, and Kalen was insistent on calling her "babysitter".
Thank HEAVENS for our ASHLEY!
No comments:
Post a Comment