Tonight is going to be really sad and kinda hard for me. I am going to the hospital to visit my favorite Aunt Cheryl. She is my Moms oldest sister, the oldest child of the Knights side of the family. Out of all of my Aunts and Uncles on both sides she is the one I have the spent the most time with and been spoiled so greatly by. She is one of the most generous persons I have ever met in my whole life. She is the one who bought me school clothes growing up and let me stay at her house in 6th grade for a month because her daughter was getting married and I was to be a Jr. bridesmaid in the September wedding. I would babysit her youngest child Scottie Joe while she worked and in return she would take me shopping and outfit me in the latest neon colored shirts, jeans, and accessories! I was the hottest dresser because of my Aunt decking me out. When Scottie Joe was a baby Cheryl lived in Valdez, AK the only other relative I had in that town so I spent a lot of time with her. She would take me to Tastee Freez and Halibut House and treat me to things my Mom didn't like me eating. Aunt Cheryl always had lots of junk food and candy at her house and it was no where to be found in my home growing up. The first year I lived in Utah I didn't have much money for school clothes for Kalen to go to kindergarten and Rylee's preschool so she took us out on the town and outfitted them plus provided each of them with a backpack.
I got the phone call at work today from my Mom that Aunt Cheryl is in the hospital again, and that her liver has failed and she has has several mini strokes. I have never had to experience death of a family member before, when my Grandma & Grandpa Knight died I was young and I never really knew them well since I didn't see them often. I'm nervous and I don't know what to say or how to act, but I am determined to go visit her regardless of how hard its going to be :(
No comments:
Post a Comment